8.18.2008

EXtreme Dating (Mets style)...

Completely unintentional of the later situation, I decided to work from home today. We have a virtual office, which makes it so easy to get as much work done as if I was, indeed, in the office. It was just one of those unmotivated mornings. I had checked my email early and got into a rhythm that just could not be interrupted by a shower. So the email to the boss followed.

It happened to be quite the perfect day to stay at home as the Metropolitans took on the Pirates for a Businessman's special. Although the lack of effort by the bullpen was apparent (again...) I actually missed the three go-ahead runs by the Bucs. You see - I was flipping back and forth to the innovators of reality TV - the dating shows. What was once shown only at like 11pm (they can be quite risque) can now be seen during Verizon Fios' daytime lineup. (Also want to give a shout to my fave reality show of the moment - The Hills, which premieres tonight on MTV at 10pm! Woo hoo!)

Back to the dating shows - a show that 3M turned me on to, EXtreme dating features a very familiar host, especially to those of us who can smell the pigskin in the air right about now. Before she was forecasting the weather on FOX Football Sunday Jillian (Barberie) Reynolds was the quick witted host of this very classy show. Now that I think about it, Julie Alexandria (host of SNY's Beer Money) was also on the entertainment side, hosting the pop culture internet show WallStrip. Now, I'm not implying that these women don't have talent - but what are their true credentials? How do they land these top roles in the sport industry? How many women lost out, how many women with a strong sports knowledge base had no chance, because of the superficial nature of our society? The power to turn heads is often times stronger than the power to lend ears.

0 comments: