8.29.2008

Veep veep, vroooooom...

Both presidential candidates have now announced to the US of A their selections for vices, for right hand [wo]men. Although the fact that Johnny Mac decided to make his announcement a few hours earlier than planned completely put the kibosh on a planned interview to go Nationally for my company (ughhhhhhhhh!), his choice was certainly an interesting one. [Yeah, they had make-up, were mic'd up and ready to go when BREAKING NEWS flashed across the producer's computer leaving us in the dust.]

Politics has not particularly struck a chord with me in the earlier elections, but as I continue to age I feel like the present issues are becoming more and more real and have more of an affect on my lifestyle. 3M has taught me the best kind of voter is an informed one. The republican appointment of Sarah Palin is especially intriguing. She truly has worked her way up the ranks, a former PTA member is now on the ticket for the 2008 presidential race. Good for her, a tough as nails former goalie maverick and mother of five running with the big boys.

For Labor Day, VH1 Classic is celebrating the wondrous decade of the my birth with 80 hours of 80's. Technically being a child of the 80's, it was only in my younger years, so much I do not recollect, but I do enjoy 80s throwbacks, nonetheless. Did you know that Bow Wow's song titled "Basketball" of the Like Mike soundtrack was a remake of the Kurtis Blow original? Yeah, me neither. I don't know which one I like better....

...I'm glued to this station for the rest of the night, Bon Jovi's "Livin' on a Prayer" video is now on, a favorite for swimmers everywhere after the first 10 of 20 100's on the 1:15 are completed. [Shout out to Sayreville War Memorial HS, Alma mater of my dad!]

0 comments: