8.12.2008

D means drunk and disgusting

Because of the lewd behavior of unruly Jets fan at Gate D, the New Jersey Sports and Exposition Authority publicly issued some new rules for Meadowlands football-goers. Those include parking lots only open five hours prior to kick-off, rather than seven and view-blocking banners so that the masses can't partake in the public display of exhibitionism from floors above.

What puzzles me (and no it is not the two hour reduction in pregame partying, c'mon - you're telling me people can't get loaded in five hours?!), is the fact that none of the tenants took this opportunity to condone these new rules. It would have been a great forum for them to reach out to express and emphasize the importance their fans' safety. It would have been a great publicity platform. But then again, what more publicity do you need as a sports team in the metropolitan area...

On a completely separate note, as I began to enter this post, I heard a soft knock on my door. It was my neighbor asking me to come outside. Our backyard is basically a free-for-all parking lot. Our landlord rents out the empty spaces to local workers, as parking can be scarce on the streets. Cars are parked within either three inches of one-another, making you suck in the gut and shimmy into the seat or right behind you, forcing a 17-point turn in order to exit the space without any bumps. Anyway the point of the story is my neighbor called me out to take a look at this one car, which left a small crack in each of its four windows. The crack was just enough for a curious squirrel to sneak in. Ha! Poor lil guy...

And this is what you would get by combining the Gate D antics with the lil guy in the car.

0 comments: