8.11.2008

Those women are ripped...

Today (for my birthday) we went out to a company lunch at Asian Star. Top-notch Chinese/Japanese joint - no matter what you order, it's delish!

I found the situation to be quite humorous. Here I am, an American water polo player [semi-retired] who in an Asian restaurant watching the China vs. USA women's water polo game. Funny, no?

What a barnburner it indeed was, Mr. Mescall. The score teetered for the duration of play and a few underwater shots grabbed the attention of my company. My boss, the witty-woman she is made quite a crack, "they should call it the 'kick-cam' ". Gotta love that alliteration.

Another comment came from the table, one that I've heard all too many times. "Those women are ripped...their upper bodies..." Yeah- when you hear that comment and look behind you, chances are its either a.) some sort of water athlete, b.) a shot-putter, or c.) the ninth wonder of the world, aka Chyna-doll.

So now its off to Brother's Restaurant for my bday dinner (calories don't count on birthdays, right?!). If you are ever in the Monmouth County/Red Bank area - stop by. Really. Best thin crust pizza everrrrr. And the ownership isn't all too bad either.

P.S. - In case you were wondering and haven't googled it yet out of anticipation, the US won 12-11! Woo hoo!

0 comments: